Clinics & Healthchecks
One Stop Liver Clinic
Dr Kuldeep Cheent, BSc MBBS, MRCP, PhD and his experience team are now offering a ‘liver health screening package’ to assess your liver function. The Parkside Suite is one of the few facilities within the Surrey area that has access to the latest technology in assessing, diagnosing and treating liver damage, including FibroScan.
What is a FibroScan?
A FibroScan is a non-invasive method for evaluating changes in the liver. using a modified ultrasound it measures liver stiffness and also detects liver steatosis (fatty liver). A completely painless procedure that requires no anaesthetic or sedation.
What is Fibrosis?
Fibrosis is stiffening and scarring of the liver caused by a variety of conditions the liver caused by a variety conditions such as:
- Fatty liver disease (often referred to as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease of NAFLD)
- Alcohol excess
- Chronic viral hepatitis
- Early detecting of fibrosis may help provide an opportunity to change your lifestyle or seek treatment that could help prevent liver disease progression.
Who should take advantage of these clinics?
- Individuals whose alcohol consumption is above the weekly recommended limit (14 units/week)
- As part of a general medical check
- For those who want peace of mind regarding their general health
Conveniently located a the Parkside Suite, Frimley Park Hospital. If you would like further details , quotes or to book a consultation, please call the number listed